Friday, July 18, 2008

Practice makes Perfect




So these are my latest endeavors at improving my cake making skills. The darker photo is a cake covered in chocolate and topped with berries, it was yummy! The pink one was my second go at fondant, not too shabby, I am doing a small wedding cake next month, my first wedding cake for a non-relative, wish me luck!

15 comments:

Aimie said...

Wow those cakes are beautiful! You are very talented. I wish I could make one half as nice!

Malena said...

BEAUTIFUL CAKES!!! Wow! You should have your own tv show instead of the idiots on Ace of Cakes...can you even eat those cakes?!

Candy said...

I can vouch for the yumminess of the top chocolate berry cake! Your cakes look great, good job. I've only done fondant a couple times...still need to improve my skills a bit.

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

Looks like you guys have been busy. Camping with the Barnes' looked so much fun. The cakes are amazing.

Brya said...

Wow, is there anything you can't do?! Those cakes are insane!

The Tadjes said...

Summer, I saw that you had a blog on Facebook today. You have the most beautiful family! It is fun to get a little peek into your life. I am totally amazed at your cakes, but I am not suprised. Let me know if you are ever in Utah. We would love to see you and your family! Love, Amie(Bowen)

RocketBox Boy said...

What a yummy talent! I am so impressed! I wish I could make a cake look half that good. Good luck on the wedding cake.

jana jacob said...

Summer - you are just overwhelmingly amazing! I just loved seeing all your pictures and reading what you guys have been up to. Sounds like you are having a fantastic summer! How I wish that we could get together soon! I simply miss you! Your family looks so beautiful! You are going to do beautifully on your cake for the wedding!

Mindi said...

Holy cow, look at you!! I WISH mine turned out half that nice!

~ Katie said...

Those cakes are awesome! Thanks for inviting me to your blog. You are a very active family.

Green Montana said...

Yeah...you're my idol with this cake thing...I have to tell you I had the funniest dream the other night (pregnancy does that to me) we were both dropping off our kids at school and you zoomed passed me in a red hover craft (some futuristic race car w/out wheels)and I waved at you from my black hover craft. That was it! Pretty odd, huh?

T Fowler said...

Summer - I'm so glad you found me! This sounds crazy, but I've been looking for you too. One night I was laying in bed and out of the blue thought I needed to find you. Then I had a baby two weeks later and you know how that goes! Your family is adorable and it was great to see your coming and goings on your blog. Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

summer - it has been a little while . . . where are you? I am sure you are not busy at all! I haven't seen a post from you for a while and I am wondering what is going on with you. Missing you!

Rachel said...

Summer these are gorgeous!!

Adalia said...

Wow those cakes are amazing! I love your cute blog-your always full of cute ideas!