Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back to School

Well its that time of year again! I have always loved this time of year, when the nights get cooler, the leaves change color, and I can start to don my layers...oh just kidding, I live in Nevada and it is still HOT! This climate is throwing me off a little, still feels like it should be summer and we should be at the pool! But school is cool! So here's the run down...
We had a bit of a whirlwind start to our shool year. We rushed home from Canada and made it back just in time for the second day of school. Can't believe how big the kids are getting. Happily we got all of the teachers we requested and the kids are glad to be back with friends. Brigs is off to 2nd grad (grade 2 for all you Canadians!) and continues to chase the girls druing recess, Sophie is in 1st and has recently discovered how fun skipping rope is ( sidenote -- do any of you remember those fun rhymes we used to always do as we skipped, I can only remember a couple, I would love to hear any of your ideas!) , and Chloe is in preschool a couple of mornings a week and is loving it. I can't believe how big my baby is getting...I love watching her pack up her kitty cat backpack with button eyes to get ready for school. She loves being grown-up. With the kids all gone, what is a mom to do with herself...hmm. You know me I just laze around all day eating bon bons and watching soaps, HA HA! Who has time for that when there is laundry, and cleaning, and cooking, and enrichment, and soccer, and blogging, and ironing, and creating, and and and and the list could go on!

1 comments:

Candy said...

They are so cute! Hope they all have a great year. Hey, my jump rope rhyme ideas are: cinderella, dressed in yella, went upstairs to kiss a fella....

and teddy bear teddy bear touch the ground, teddy bear teddy bear turn around...
not too creative.